Submission Spotlight 2

 




Bestowing the Brush Snowflake by Victoria, 11








Aephan, chapter one
by Hannah, 10

Aephan jumped from the tree he was sitting in onto the back of Slake the weasel. Slake screamed in pain as Aephan dug his claws into his back. After a quick meal, Aephan cleaned his paws and set to grooming himself. He led a happy life since he was a strong mountain lion. He jumped up quickly when he saw Graphean the bear approaching. Graphean sometimes picked on Aephan. But this time Graphean was in no mood to fight. Aephan stared in surprise as he watched Graphean limp slowly past. His right leg was broken, his left arm was in a sling, scruffs of fur hung from everywhere, his belt was gone and his prized sword was clutched in his paw. Aephan laughed a long and scornful laugh. “What happened to you?” he managed to say after he got his voice back. Graphean was a sensible bear, he knew that such a powerful mountain lion as Aephan could easily kill him now that he was wounded. “Ripple attacked me in my den. I had no choice but to be bitten,” moaned Graphean. Aephan knew that rattlesnakes such as Ripple were very dangerous. Graphean continued, “Rattlesnakes are too strong. When he had bitten me several times he left. He must have told someone of my plight for some crows attacked me and took my belt. As I tried to get away, I fell off a small ledge and broke my arm and leg. I am now going to Doctor Maledae.”


Are you a submitter and didn't see your submission here? We didn't forget you! We'll put your submission in rotation soon.

Comments

Popular Posts